July Real Estate Market Capitol Hill
02 September 2020 Real Estate Know How/Neighborhood 0
JULY 2020 Neighborhood Numbers are IN for Capitol Hill!
Inventory remains ‘tight’ across the District, with the number of homes listed for sale in DC down 9% from one year ago in July 2019.
In Washington DC…
- Sellers achieved 99.8% of list price
- The median price for a home sold in July is $640,000, which is up 10% from the median selling price one year ago.
Compare our Capitol Hill neighborhood with the rest of DC below:
A few highlights:
- Median sales price is UP in both Capitol Hill markets versus one year ago.
- In 20002 neighborhood (NE CapHill), inventory dropped 7% vs July 2019. Homes achieved 100.8% of list price, spending about 23 days on the market.
- In 20003 neighborhood (SE CapHill) on the other hand, inventory increased by 32% vs July 2019, but still see far fewer new listings (90) than 20002 (194). Homes in 20003 achieved 98.5% of list price, spending 27 days on the market.
If you are curious about the value of your home, or how to make the right strategic investments, contact us today!
We are SAFELY and SMARTLY preparing homes for the market. Here’s a look at some of our recent SUMMER sales.
(See also: general market update for July.)