Fall Real Estate Market Capitol Hill
26 October 2020 Real Estate Know How/Neighborhood 0
SEPTEMBER 2020 Neighborhood Numbers are IN for the Capitol Hill Real Estate Market!
Inventory remains competitive across the District, with the number of homes listed for sale in DC down 10% from one year ago in September 2019.
In Washington DC…
- Sellers achieved 100.3% of list price (up from 99.8% of list price this summer).
- The median price for a home sold in September is $640,000, which is up from $575,000 one year ago.
Compare our Capitol Hill neighborhood with the rest of DC below:
Capitol Hill led D.C. neighborhoods for the number of sales in September, double a year ago in Capitol Hill NE, and nearly triple in Capitol Hill SE.
A few highlights:
- Median sales prices in each zip code are higher than the DC median of $640,000, though down just a touch from one year ago.
- In 20002 neighborhood (NE CapHill) inventory is down from a year ago, and low mortgage rates are driving solid sales prices just above list price.
- In 20003 neighborhood (SE CapHill), inventory is down just slightly from one year ago, but sold units are soaring, garnering 101.2% of list price.
Walkable, bike-able and neighborhood-friendly Capitol Hill remans a very desirable neighborhood for home buyers. If you are curious about the value of your home, or how to make the right strategic investments, contact us today!
We are SAFELY and SMARTLY preparing homes for the market. Here’s a look at some of our current listings.