ARCHITECTURAL BEAUTY AND LEGAL HISTORY AT THE ONTARIO!
For those who appreciate architectural beauty and history, Washington DC offers some gems, including the first freestanding apartment complex in the city, built in 1905 — The Ontario.
Now discover a unique opportunity to live in The Ontario, a pre-war beaux arts style building with lofty proportions and beautiful craftsmanship, coupled with modern conveniences. This rarely available corner unit, with treetop views toward Rock Creek and the National Zoo, offers 4 spacious bedrooms and 2 bathrooms across +2,000 square feet of living space on one floor.
2853 Ontario Rd NW # 205
Washington D.C. 20009
4 bed, 2 bath, $1.499MM
On the crest of Lanier Heights overlooking Adams Morgan, this beautiful home is NOW offered at $1,499,000 –$106K less than same layout 2 years ago!
For fans of historic legal cases, Judge Gladys Kessler called #205 her home since 1995 during her groundbreaking legal career in Washington DC.
Among the hallmarks of Judge Kessler’s distinguished career:
- participation as founding member and first president of the Women’s Legal Defense Fund
- long-time association with the National Association of Women Judges, for which she also served as its third president
- D.C. Superior Court Judge, where she served as presiding judge of the Family Division
- Landmark ruling in US vs Phillip Morris, where Judge Kessler issued a landmark opinion holding the tobacco companies liable for conspiracy and violations of RICO by fraudulently covering up the health risks associated with cigarettes and for marketing their products to children
- Outstanding jurist on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia Circuit, where her numerous cases included an opinion upholding the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act
Come see this home in person and appreciate the history of this building and the distinguished residents it has attracted through the years. An amazing opportunity awaits to create your own history! Call for a private viewing: 202-243-7707