Bonus Value of Lower Level and Solar Panels: 1105 6th St NE
Our current listing, nestled between Union Market, H St Corridor and NoMa, offers significant bonus value beyond the renovated interior and location. Find out how the current owners generated up to $70K in revenue and savings in 5 years through solar panels, and a flexible separate-entry lower level.
1105 6th St NE, 3 BED, 2.5 BA, $859,500
Lower Level Flexibility – Cut Your Mortgage in Half!
With separate front and rear entrances, the lower level suite offered FLEXIBLE income options to the current owners. The English basement apartment features an open living-dining-cooking area, plus a third bedroom and beautifully renovated full bath. With both front and rear entrances in addition to interior stairs, the suite serves equally well as contiguous family space or separate rental, either short or long term.
Since 2014, the current owners offset their monthly mortgage, cutting it in half, with the following options:
- Long-term leases, averaging $1400 per month; we estimate the likely rental market now at $1600.
- Monthly Airbnb rental, if booked half the nights, earning up to $1500 month.
- Seasonal Airbnb use in 2019 garnered high ratings and averaged $107 per night (Cherry Blossom Festival, spring break, holidays, etc.).
- Close to Union Station, bike share / bike lanes, metro, and foodie & drink hot spots, it is no wonder this English basement was popular for Airbnb travelers.
Couple these possibilities with the LOW mortgage rates we are seeing currently — care to cut your mortgage cost in half?
Solar Panel CREDITS + UTILITY SAVINGS!
Let’s talk about the full array of solar panels in this sunny part of Northeast DC! The estimate for the offset of household energy use and credits:
- Monthly Pepco bill savings of 70%, or $900 / year!
- Direct payments (profit) from Energy credits of $2800 per year!
At the new price of $859,500, this 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom perfectly situated home offers an excellent opportunity to build wealth through home ownership in the District.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO: 202-243-7707!